Wednesday, January 23, 2008

being unstuck

Considering what is known about core desires and positive intention, it has been really damaging to see, hear, feel when community gets stuck on the level of wound....why not drop down through to understand what drives that...why not embrace what the soul of that person has done to meet that need and grasp the ways the enemy has assaulted them in that area....why not go that compassionate, understanding, healing route of radical acceptance? Why not just bleed there together for awhile and stop poking where it hurts? I'm afraid even my most carefully chosen words to describe and illuminate this will be misconstrued by some. But the thing is, at the most core part of my being there is a strong frame for truth and being understood. So I will try to honor that part of me and hope that to the extent God is in it, something good can come of it. And then I will be able to move on knowing I've done all that I can to express things inside out, and the rest of it is up to other's perceptions to sift through their own biases. It's not about being right....I know there are ways I'm not right, it's not about right or wrong at all, but it is about knowing. For me, it's about that. I just want to know and be known based on truth with a little t....my utterly fallible t...and given an opportunity to be heard based on my words rather than another's.

You may recognize yourself in your words and mine above because it has been through your words that I've discovered more deeply this truth inside my interior chamber.

Thank you for coming along for this time of gathering precious stones together.

5 comments:

christianne said...

Radical acceptance . . . I love that. It might just be the label for what my heart is screaming for more of in the world (even though I hate labels).

I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on this, Di. I look forward to hearing them as time goes on, as you share more of yourself and your perspective in this space here.

Nathan said...

Your words always seem to ooze with compassion. I love that about you. And I'm so glad you are putting stuff up. It always makes me think . . . and then think some more . . .

I wish others knew about the kind of acceptance you're talking about.

di said...

christianne, I hear you about labels and we can always ask the question "what are you that's more than "x" label or change that big fat label into what it really is...a process, a doing...how am I radically accepting you? 8-ly.

nathan, i love that you said that and i hope if nothing else my words are always oozing with compassion and constantly dripping with grace.

di said...

To each of you who has wandered over to listen and has either left a comment here or elsewhere may I just express outloud there is zero connection to you with the type of community I've lamented on above. In fact my heart of hearts knows no one in my midst who intends for any of what I described to happen. In the words of 87 year old Michelangelo, "I am still learning" we all are. I pray you hear a heart breaking through the pain of chaos on the outside that is learning even more that discovering the rare essential beauty of transparency, flaws and all, makes the journey through worthwhile, meaningful, and divinely redemptive.

I heard these words yesterday as the heavens broke through with sounds of freedom ... may we be a people of fierce caring for one another. That is what I want to do.

Balding Eagle said...

Well said - a great expression of the heart put to words...